Celebrate the Festival Season at the Lord Elgin
The Lord Elgin Hotel is the ideal spot to escape to Ottawa, Canada’s Capital City, and celebrate the holiday season. Located in the heart of the downtown of Ottawa, you cannot imagine a better location to enjoy the colors and excitement of the festive season.
From December 3, 2014 to January 6th, 2015, the Christmas Lights across Canada program is ‘turned on’, illuminating Elgin Street and Confederation Park, as well as Wellington and Parliament Hill. The hotel is surrounded with twinkling lights and you cannot help but feel festive.
Every year the National Arts Centre brings one of Canada’s top Ballets to perform the Nutcracker, a favourite that will always put you in the spirit. This year, the Alberta Ballet will be performing from December 3 - 7, 2014. Check show times and purchase tickets … act fast, this performance is very popular and always sells out.
If you want to do some serious Christmas shopping, you are in the right spot. The Rideau Centre is only one block from the hotel with 180 of the biggest names in fashion beauty, accessories and electronics. Just a few blocks away is the Byward Market. Created by John By in 1826, the Byward Market is one of Canada’s oldest and largest public markets. A favourite spot for visitors and locals, in this four block radius you will find museums, cafes, boutiques, specialty food shops, night clubs, restaurants, pubs, galleries, hair and aesthetics salons and spas and more.
Holiday Packages & Specials
TheLord Elgin has a variety of packages and special rates for the holidays, such as our Cars Stay Free Package or out Stay and Save Rate that offer up to 30% off your stay. Check out our Specials and Packages page for more information and to book your next stay.
There are a number of fabulous shoes & concerts taking place in Ottawa this season.
- Nutcracker by the Alberta Ballet – Dec 3-7, National Arts Centre - Dec 3-7, National Arts Centre
- Ottawa Choral Society Christmas Concert - Dec 2 – Dominion Chalmers Chruch
- Vaudeville Christmas Revue Dec 5 – National Arts Centre
- A Christmas Carole by Ottawa Intl. Children’s Festival – Dec 6 – Ottawa Little Theatre
- The 12th Annual Christmas Goose Concert , – Dec 6 – National Arts Centre
- Holly Cole Christmas Concert – December 20th, National Arts Centre
- Alice Through the Looking Glass – Dec 9 – Jan 3 – National Arts Centre
Skydiggers – A Legendary Horseshoe Christmas – Dec 12-13 – National Arts Centre
Handel’s Messiah – Dec 16-17, National Arts Centre
The Good Lovelies Christmas Show – Dec 16-17 – National Arts Centre
David Myles Christmas Concert – Dec 18-19 – National Arts Centre
A Matt Dusk Christmas with NAC Orchestra – Dec 19 – National Arts Centre
5th Annual Christmas Gospel Celebration – Dec 19-20 – National Arts Centre
- Stuart McLean & the Vinyl Café: Christmas Tour Dec 20-21 – National Arts Centre